Friday, February 29, 2008

What a week!!

Whew! I've been on the go ever since we got back! Hmm, let's see...a recap of the last few days...

Tuesday, we all went out to lunch at Panera with Todd's family. It was nice to see everyone and the girls got to see their cousins. Then the girls and I went to see Candy--our babysitter. She and the girls are so excited to go back and be with her when mommy goes back to work on Monday. I'm sad to be going back to work, but at least I know the girls are happy when I have to leave them! Hannah had a make up dance class on Tuesday night, so went to that. Later that night Todd and I ran some errands around town, while his mom watched the girls for us. It was nice to actually go to the grocery store and Target by ourselves and not have to chase around two little ones all over the place! :) And it was awesome to come home to both of them asleep already--hooray!

Wednesday was a busy day. I took Hannah into preschool that morning and decided to stay with her, just because she hadn't been there in two months and I wanted to make sure she would readjust to everything. Well, she did great. She ran right up to her teachers and friends and gave them all hugs. The kids were so excited to see her "Hannah's back!!!" they all said! So cute! After preschool we came home and Todd took Hannah to the sledding hill and I stayed home with Haley. She loved sledding, although it did wear Todd out! After they got home and we ate lunch, I went up to my school for about an hour. I saw my students, who were pretty excited to see me and talked to the sub and made sure things were all ready for me when I get back on Monday. I can honestly say that I'm okay with going back to work. I do miss teaching and the kids, and by the hugs and smiles I received on Wednesday, they missed me too! :) I then had a doctor's appt. to go to, which I waited an hour and 15 minutes in the waiting room for---not happy. To say the least, I was pretty pissed off when I was finally called back. And I saw the doctor for all of 10 minutes at that. Whatever, I most likely will not be going back there. By that time, it was late and I had every intention of making dinner, but I was tired and it was late, so I picked up some chinese take-out and that's what we did. Then we made a last minute decision to go over Todd's sisters house to see the rest of our neices and nephews. Plus, Todd wanted to play the Wii and Guitar Hero! We didn't get home until 10:30, but the girls fell asleep in the car on the way home, so that was good!

Thursday, I got up early because I had a hair appointment. THREE hours later I was done!! I didn't think it would take that long, but it did! It does look nice though. I went back to being a blonde!! I couldn't handle the brown anymore!! :) Haley had a doctor's appt. in the afternoon and afterwards I had to go to 3 different drugstores because they didn't have her medicine in stock at the other ones!! ARGH! We had music class to go to that night and that was fun! All of us went, I love when daddy can come along with us! Again, the girls got to see their teacher and their friends! Afterwards, we drove down to Great Lakes Crossing and ate at The Rainforest Cafe. The girls got their hair cut at Carnival Cuts. Hannah chose to sit in the airplane--she wants to be just like her daddy!! Haley sat in the fire engine! Then we just walked around for a bit.

Today has again been busy! Todd went into work today, so it's just me and the girls. We got up early and I gave the girls baths before taking Hannah to preschool. I dropped her off today, she didn't want me to come stay with her! I'd say she's adjusting just fine! I dropped off Haley at the babysitter's for a few hours so I could get some laundry done. By the time I knew it, it was time to get Hannah from school! Time goes by so fast! Plus, the slick roads made me leave even earlier to go and get her! We decided to go and eat lunch together and Hannah chose Bob Evans. She picked french toast off the kid's menu and ate every single one and the sausage link to boot!! I guess she was hungry! Then we picked up Haley and now here we are! Haley is sleeping, Hannah is "reading" and I'm waiting for the darn clothes to dry so I can pack! Yes, I said PACK! We are going up north (2 hours from here) to visit Todd's parents. They just built a house up there and we have yet to see it. We are just going for the night, but I still have to put some clothes together! We are going to leave after Hannah's dance class tonight.

So....see, busy week, huh?!? I hope things slow down a bit.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang you're busy!! Slow down and breathe.

PICS?!! Hello! You can't say "hew hair" and then not show pictures!

Have a great weekend. :)

Marissa said...

busy! BUSY!!! Can't wait to see your new hair -- I'm going back red TOMORROW!!! My hair goes from brown to red to blonde and then the cycle starts over again. LOL! TAKE PICS!!! :)